Daily care and feeding of IBM i
Description: IBM i and IBM Power Systems combine to deliver a fabulously reliable environment. The operating system has rich work management capability and strong error reporting. Despite that you shouldn't ignore it or you will eventually find yourself dealing with something serious. In this session we'll cover the things you need to watch and understand allowing you to deal with them before they become serious issues.
· 1. Learn where to look and what to look for to know how your system is running.
· 2. Learn what to configure for automatic reporting of errors and problem.
· 3. Learn the points at which you need to begin to apply effort well before issues occur.
· 4. Be able to tell management: "Yes our IBM i is running well!"
Clean up your IBM i Disk
Description: How much disk storage do you have on your system? The most common answer is 'not enough!' Attend this session and find out where all that space went, what you can clean up, and what should be left alone.
· Learn about reporting, automating, and managing your disk space in IBM i.
· Develop a deeper understanding of the tools IBM has built into IBM i and how to leverage them to help keep your system clean.
Walk away with a solid understanding of how to clean up your disk space, manage your IFS, and reorganize your files.
· How to determine where all your disk space has gone.
· How to clean up unused space in physical files.
· How to search for object filling up the IFS.
· How to use *nix and PASE tools to work in the iFS.